Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Response to Alenna

I agree that because Google is so well known and respected that a lot of people are going to prefer using their services to anyone else. But I think the most drawing aspect of it is is that it is already incorporated with all the other parts of Google. People already have a g-mail account so they might as well use Google docs; however, I still think that Google Docs doesn't offer enough support or customization to meet the needs of a corporate user. On the other hand, the simplicity and lack of customization is, I think, what brings in all the home users. No one wants to sort through 2 hours of setup just to have their homework available from any computer. They might as well use e-mail. So I really don't think that Google Docs will have that big of an impact for companies, but I think the average user is going to become a lot more familiar with the cloud computing.

No comments: