Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Google Docs

The website that I looked at was Google Docs. I have heard of this website before and a few professors have suggested using it because it was an easy way to communicate with fellow classmates on projects. When I first opened up Google Docs I found that the page was very simple and looked as if it would be user friendly. When you sign into your google account it brings you right into your profile where it has your ocllection of past works and a spot to create new porjects. The only thing that I wasnt pleased with in the whole website was that I couldnt find a spot to upload already created documents. I know this website is made so that you can create documents through its free web-based word processor, but I dont want to have to cop and paste all the documents that I have previously saved in microsoft word.
When I looked at this website in the eyes of a businesss owner or professional I saw that it could be very useful. It give you a link between another person in which increases your communication. It can be used for so many diffrent professions and in so many ways. For example a construction worker could use it to send drawings or plans to a certain client, while a claims adjuster could communicate with their boss or clients using the forms or documents page. But not only could the receiver view the information, it gives them a chance to edit what they have sent and give the creator any suggestions. This gives the customer or client a sense of having input and will increase the relationship between the people without having to be sitting right next to each other.
What was so interesting about google docs was that it is a sort of free portal between people, in which enchances communication and enables you to send what you please to others with google acounts.

No comments: