Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Significant Flattener

I believe that Freidman's view on how progressive this world is becoming is completely correct. This world has become completely technological. From conversation to shopping to buying food. Everything is expected to be instant and simple. I know that when I lost power during the hurricane I was just about lost.

Technological innovations are making this world simpler to live in. I believe that could be a part of why this world is being considered "flat". Everything is turning into a one way street.

Another reason I believe this world is becoming more and more flat, is because the technological advancement is bringing people from all around the world instantly together. People from America can talk, via video, with people in Asia, Europe, and Africa instantly. This is what is bringing the world closer. There is no longer need for the long flights or waiting in the mail for the papers. A few clicks and two people are looking at the exact same thing at the exact same time thousands of miles away.

The advancements in this world are unbelievable. I believe that this is a good thing for world because leaders will be able to work out treaties and agreements quicker and easier.


No comments: