Monday, September 12, 2011

Response to Dan

Hi Dan,

I could not agree with you more on your thoughts following Tom Friedman's lecture. I think that our ideas most closely allign. The creation of Netscape has the greatest effect on the world, because it is the center of how we operate and function as a society today. I never even thought of the .com boom as a 'boom', because it is all I know in regards to using the internet. I now understand that the influence the .com boom created is why my life has become easier thanks to the Internet. I also do not believe that any of the 6 other flatteners would be influential without Netscape. Netscape has made all these other factors easier, more accessible, or simply put; possible. Netscape is the center point of Friedman's theory, and without it our world certainly would not be even and flat.

-Katelynn Havener

No comments: